BB-SEC provides businesses with quality-focused cybersecurity services including penetration testing, threat modeling, code reviews and architecture reviews. We are driven by a passion for cybersecurity.
We are looking for a Penetration Tester Intern to work with our team of security experts to test the security of our client’s systems and applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in ethical hacking and penetration testing, as well as a keen eye for detail and a passion for problem-solving. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have strong technical writing skills and be skilled with vulnerability scanners.
Location: 100% Remote
- Assist senior penetration testers in conducting penetration tests against a variety of different system types and applications
- Perform vulnerability scans and triage out false positives
- Identify security vulnerabilities and recommend solutions
- Write detailed reports of findings, including recommendations for remediation
- Write detailed security guides
- Stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and trends
- Pursuing Masters’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s in cybersecurity
- Strong Understanding of security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top Ten and SANS Top 25) in addition to more modern web app and enterprise app vulnerabilities
- Industry-specific technical accreditations such as OSCP and OSWE are highly preferred
- Past development background is highly preferred